Peas pulav, a flavorful and wholesome Indian dish, is a beloved choice for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. This aromatic rice dish combines the natural sweetness of green peas with fragrant spices, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of incorporating peas into your diet and share a delectable peas pulav recipe that you can easily prepare at home.
Benefits of Peas: Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a moment to appreciate the numerous health benefits that peas bring to the table:
- Rich in Nutrients: Peas are a great source of essential nutrients like fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. They are particularly high in vitamin K, vitamin C, and several B-vitamins.
- High in Fiber: The high fiber content in peas supports digestive health, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and aids in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Antioxidant Properties: Peas are rich in antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress and protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Heart-Healthy: The presence of heart-friendly nutrients like potassium and folate in peas can contribute to a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Supports Bone Health: Peas contain vitamin K and other minerals that are crucial for maintaining strong and healthy bones.
Peas Pulav Recipe:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chilies, slit lengthwise (adjust to taste)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Rinse the rice thoroughly under cold water until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes, then drain.
- In a large pot, heat ghee or oil over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add sliced onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Stir in green chilies, grated ginger, and minced garlic. Sauté for a couple of minutes until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the drained rice to the pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes to lightly toast the rice.
- Stir in the green peas, garam masala, turmeric powder, and coriander powder. Mix well to ensure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Add 2 cups of water and season with salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the peas are tender.
- Once cooked, fluff the pulav gently with a fork.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Conclusion: With its delectable taste and myriad health benefits, peas pulav is a delightful addition to any meal. By incorporating this nutritious dish into your diet, you can enjoy the goodness of green peas while treating your taste buds to a burst of flavors. Give this recipe a try and savor the goodness of peas pulav today!Paneer Pulav Veg Pulav Veg Fried Rice